Sunday 26 May 2013

The Campfire Collection:Part One

I love campfires.  The smoke, the ash, and the way that they can bring a group of people together. Where individuals begin to share stories;of their life, their faith, and how they got to where they are today. Powerful stuff I tell you.
Today, I just got back from an amazing youth retreat up at a Camp, and about a week before that I was at a different camp..more "camp camp"(roughing it).. where I was running wild through the wilderness like a raving lunatic-but enough about that.. For the time being I am going to post the pictures/stories from the retreat I just returned from.

 Background story: We'd just finished playing a wide-game of.. umm was it pool-noodle soccer..(hence the glow sticks to show what team we were on.)Hah anyways.. I love the way my trusty old phone camera', was able to show the different dimensions to the campfire; the odd flicker of blue, deep shades of scarlet, and the glowing embers.. (I'm not a pyromaniac.. honest. ;)

This was the same fire-pit.. but on the next morning. We had a finger painting contest, and then displayed our artwork around the fire... And in our snottiest Artist impression, had to describe the story/hidden meanings behind our art. I got kind of nervous and said something stupid like..
''Uh I painted some trees..burning..uh on fire.. because you never know when that could happen in the future...and then I stuck these spitz on the tree trunks to uh-channel my inner spit?".
Fail.
Here is a picture.. of several trees. I enjoy the different tones and variations of green, as well as the dark trunks that wind their way through the forest.



And here, is a rather chaotic video of some singing around the camp-fire. Enjoy ;).

And have a beautiful day! My challenge for you today is to get outside.. with a group of friends.. or even just by yourself! Go and experience the natural beauty that God, the creator, has surrounded us with!

-Jenna~out.









No comments:

Post a Comment