Wednesday 5 June 2013

The Starving Artists: Progess Report

So my novel is nowhere near completion.. (just thought I'd be upfront and honest.)
I wrote a whole outline-roughly about 30 chapters that are about 2/3 pages each..
but I keep re-thinking and re-vising. There are bits and pieces of dialogue I still wish to include..
and then there's the matter of typing it all out... blech. I had a truckload of fresh ideas: that came to me during First Block-being Psychology. (These ideas came to me whilst I was supposed to be reviewing for my Psych Exam.. but ah well.. haha.) You're probably asking yourself right now- ''Jenna! Why are you bothering to tell us this? Why get our hopes up and make us believe that this book will be done in a matter of days, and then send them crashing down!". Well..Have I got an answer for you..

FEAR NOT. I have not abandoned my book. It's simply a matter of staying motivated, inspired, and finding the time/energy/effort. To make up for any disappointment(s) heres a snippet-a clippet~ an actual piece from my literature work in progress-

''I understand". The alleyway was vacant, apart from the two of them. Yet Nile felt as though their every movement was being closely monitored. ''Now Nile.. What I would like for you to do, is come up with a name. Or even just a word. Generally speaking It should be between 5-7 letters long... Think about what mark you'd like to leave behihnd on this world...''

No comments:

Post a Comment