Saturday 31 August 2013

Mountain Air, A Maddening Moth, and Meeting New People!


Today I hiked up a mountain! The blackflies were a biting, and the thought of hungry bears was semi-frightening'..but we kept on hiking.

I hope you still remember me.. my name's Jenna.. I take time to fill you in on my crazy life, and sometimes you feel like reading what I post here? Anything ring a bell?
I have made my reappearance! I have returned! 
Back and ready to yack!

So.. what else have I been up to, as of late?
Aside from this little hiking expedition, I recently got back from a school ''Leadership Retreat Conference''.
During this time spent away from  home; I met loads of new people ( YALL ROCK), ate great camp food, played all sorts of interesting games, and even started to plan out events for the upcoming school year.

A few things I learned from this experience

1. Jenna.. when it comes to the High Ropes Course.. face it.. your harness-putting-on-skills, could use a little brushing up :p


2. Embrace your socially awkwardness... yup mhhmm.

3. Contact Lenses are evil.. owyowyow

4. Get outside of your comfort zone more.. it can be pretty worth while

AND NOW FOR A STORY..

. So there was this moth that was just chilling out in our cabin( ASTER) And we all tried to find/put an end to it's itty-bitty insect life.. but it oh-so-magically- VANISHED-right before lights out time. Moths and I, usually get along alright, but when it comes  to falling asleep, with the possible threat of ingesting this creature.. or the idea that it could nestle into your ear for the night.. then moths and this girl, don't hit it off super well.
After an unsuccessful moth hunt, and the age-old trick of turning the room light-off and turning on the porch light.. we all drifted off to sleep. The moth episode became a thing of the past.. until I returned home..and  unzipped my suitcase.. guess what fluttered free?


Overall, the leadership retreat was pretty cool and I'm glad I signed up for the class.
I'm looking forward  to continue to get to know everyone better, make a difference at the high school i attend, and make this school year count!
WEEEOH.

-Jenna
~out.













No comments:

Post a Comment