Monday 12 August 2013

Pirates

There's that pirate ship..
and there's that sound again.
That
hollow
aching
sound.
It sends
me
quivering
shivering
and
wondering..
if they'd
ever
accept me.
The rain drums down,
and the ocean waves beat against the rocks
like a slap to the face.
It's getting wilder out there.
Much
much
wilder.
Should I run back inside?
And
hide?
It's too fascinating..
I'm
a
fish
trapped
in a fishermen's
net.
I
can't
shake
free.
Before I know
it.. I am running out to meet
the waves.
My bare feet
dance
through the
turbulent waters
with
ease.
I'm still unsure
of
what
the pirates
will think
of
me.
I cannot
turn
back now.
There
are
wooden planks beneath
my feet
now.
There's a rusty
nail
bursting forth
and I narrowly
avoid
stepping
on top of
it.
Breathing heavily,
I collapse
into
a
pile
on
the deck.
I am
breathless,
but I am 
also
ruthless..
and 
feel
oddly at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment